Friday, October 29, 2010

Cata- Australian pricing of digital download

I just bought the Cata digital download for both my accounts, and am very happy that Blizzard made this service available as it saves me having to go to a shop to purchase.

My one issue is that I think I have paid more then the quoted $39.99USD. I'll check my bank account tonight when the transactions have been processed, but I am pretty sure I have been charged the recommended retail price that I would of paid buying it off the shelf in Australia, which is about $60AU

Same thing happened with SC2, which was very annoying. I am so against protectionism, and it is annoying that Australians are getting gouged to protect the profit line of retail dinosaurs like Harvey Norman.

Woot game will go live 7pm Tuesday the 7th! For sure I'll be taking a flex on the next day!

Edit: just checked my bank statement and I was charges $42.09AUD for the download! I take back everything I said, except the part where I was ripped off buying SC2!

No comments:

Post a Comment