Sunday, January 17, 2010

Looking ahead for 2010

I've put together a little list of the achievements I am planning on focussing on in WoW, for the first 6 months at least.

Title: 'The Insane'
I have decided to go for this crazy, crazy title. The main reason being the level of commitment required and thus reward, and the fact that I can do it all solo. Current status is:

Bloodsail Buccaneers:
Completed. I grouped with 4 other people, and we nailed this in an hour.

Steamweddle Cartel
Gadgetzan is 1/2 way into Honoured, the other 3 factions are about 30k into Hostile. Currently pissing people off in Tanaris atm as I grind the damn pirates there.

Darkmoon Faire
I think I am Honoured with these guys, spent another 5k yesterday on Darkmoon Card mats. I am slowly plodding towards these guys as I work on the other factions, and have been very surprised at how in-demand these trinkets are considering how easy it is to gear up post 3.3.

Shen'dralar
Been buying Librams and Pristine Black Diamonds when I see them on the AH. Done a couple of runs of Strath for the mount and Admoniable Stichings, I'm also trying to get the sexy piccolo from there too :)

Ravenholdt
Not started. I'm gonna need a rogue for this, I am thinking that I will dual box a rog to 60, then maybe level him to say 65 to make the farming of lockboxes easier. From reading wowhead.com it seems that BRD is the best place to farm these.


100 Mounts
I have been working towards this achievement for the life of my main. I'm currently at 86 mounts, here a possible list of mounts (that don't require RL money) to get me to the magic number:


1. Baron’s Mount

2. Sons of Ho 8k mount

3. PvP mount- (4 possibilites)

4. Winterspring Mount

5. Red proto-Drake- Ties in with Glory of the Hero achievement

6. Iron-bound Proto Drake- Ties in with Glory of the Ulduar Raider achievement

7. Oculus Drake

8. Swift Zehra Mount

9. AT mount

10. AQ40 mounts (Blue)

11. AQ40 mounts (Red)

12. AQ40 mounts (Yellow)

13. AQ40 mounts (Green)

14. ZG raid mount- Swift Razzashi Raptor (Bloodlord Mandokir)
15. ZG raid mount- Swift Zulian Tiger (High Priest Thekal­)

16 & 17 Halaa PVP mounts

I haven't included any of the AT mounts, as I have quit grinding those goddamn dailies.

Edit: Damn, forgot the Violet Protodrake, which I should get after the Elders grindfest.



Glory of the Raider

Ulduar is by far one of my favourite raids for the look, feel, lore and challenge. I'm part of a group that is going in on Friday nights to get the Hadrdmodes done done as part of the achievement. Sure we overgear it, but it's still fun :)

Curret status is:
I've got 3/4 of them, haven't got Pally open atm to check which ones :p.


Glory of the Hero
Another one I have wanted for a while, I am thinking of starting a regular group that spends a couple of hours a week on getting these done.

So there it is, be interested to see where this is at in a couple of months.

No comments:

Post a Comment